The Ecological Society of Australia is a not-for-profit, membership driven professional Society that does not receive any ongoing Government funding. We are a registered charity and all donations received are invested directly into programs supporting ecological research, evidence-based science and the promotion of science in managing the environment.
Your donation enables us to support Australian ecologists through:
- applied and fundamental postgraduate research grants
- early career research grants and networks
- Hot Topics supporting evidence based science in public decision making
- research chapter networks
- public outreach initiatives
- supporting indigenous ecological knowledge
- publication of important collections of work in peer-reviewed journals
- annual conference, and more ....
You can use our online donation page to make tax-deductible donations.
Want to have a say on where your donation goes? Join our Community Fund
The ESA has established a Community Fund to give you, the donors, the chance to determine where your money is best spent.
Donations made between now and 31 July to our ESA Community Fund will give the donor voting rights to decided which project(s) they would like to see funded in the 2019 round.
The pooled funds will be used to support projects, initiatives, activities and events put forward by ecologists around Australia. The theme for the 2019 ESA Community Fund grants will be: Ecology & Education.
The minimum donation is $50 (and for each additional $50 you will get another vote).
We will call for project nominations once the fundraise is complete, and then you, the donors, will vote on which project(s) get funded. The power is in your hands.
Donate via this online link between now and 31 July to get involved. These donations are also tax deductible.
Or get in touch with other ideas
In addition to tax-deductible donations, opportunities are always available for individuals or organisations to partner with us to sponsor specific initiatives
These can include:
- research grants
- conference symposia or events
- awards that facilitate and reward high quality ecological research
- outreach events
- workshops and training programs
- indigenous programs
- ecology in schools
If you would like to contribute to the Society in this way, please contact us.